Amazon.ca announced that the world’s best-selling e-reader—Kindle Paperwhite—is getting even better for customers in Canada. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite features new display technology with higher contrast, the next generation built-in light, a faster processor, the latest touch technology, and exclusive new features designed from the ground up for readers. Kindle Paperwhite is available for pre-order starting today at http://www.amazon.ca. Here's our review of last year's Kindle Paperwhite
“Kindle is the best-selling e-reader family in the world for six years running,” said Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Founder and CEO. “No one is investing on behalf of readers or pushing the boundaries of hardware, software and content for readers like this team: the new Kindle Paperwhite has brand-new display technology, the next generation of our built-in light, a faster processor, plus all of the exclusive benefits of the Kindle ecosystem like free 3G, Goodreads, Kindle Singles, over 375,000 exclusive titles, and much more.”
Kindle Paperwhite combines the best hardware, massive selection, low book prices, best reading features, best customer service, personalized recommendations, customer reviews, and more—into one seamlessly integrated service for customers.
Here’s what makes the all-new Kindle Paperwhite better than ever:
- New display technology with higher contrast—Kindle Paperwhite’s display is the most advanced e-reader display ever constructed. Higher contrast and better reflectivity means whites are whiter and blacks are blacker, so the pages are virtually indistinguishable from a physical book. You won’t find this level of contrast with any other e-reader display.
- Next generation built-in light—Guides light toward the surface of the display so you can read comfortably with less eyestrain.
- New, 25% faster processor—Books open and pages turn faster for a seamless reading experience.
- New touch technology—19% tighter touch grid makes Kindle Paperwhite respond even more accurately to the smallest touches, while still avoiding accidental page turns.
- New Kindle Page Flip—Skim page-by-page, scan by chapter, or skip to the end of your book, all without losing your place. For example, it’s now easy to quickly flip back and forth to that map of Beyond the Wall in A Dance With Dragons. See screenshots: [http://amazon.ca/kindle-page-flip].
- New Goodreads Integration—Combines the world’s largest e-reading community and the world’s largest community of book lovers. Join over 20 million other readers and see what your friends are reading, share highlights, and rate the books you read with Goodreads on Kindle, available exclusively from Amazon. See screenshots: [http://amazon.ca/kindle-goodreads].
- New Vocabulary Builder—Compiles words you look up in the dictionary into an easy-to-access list. Use these lists to quiz yourself with flashcards and instantly see words in context. See screenshots: [http://amazon.ca/kindle-vocabulary].
- New Smart Lookup—Integrates a full dictionary definition with other reference information about a word, character, topic or book via X-Ray and Wikipedia. For example, using an ordinary dictionary to look up “credit default swaps” in Michael Lewis’ The Big Short would give the individual definitions of “credit,” “default” and “swaps.” Smart Lookup recognizes this is an important topic and phrase in the book, and gives you the correct definition of “credit default swaps” via X-Ray. See screenshots: [http://amazon.ca/kindle-lookup].
Kindle Paperwhite still includes all of the features that helped make Kindle the best-selling e-reader family in the world for six years running:
- Reads like real paper—No-glare display for perfect reading, even in bright sunlight.
- 8 weeks of battery life—Read for weeks, not hours, on a single charge.
- Weighs just 206 grams—Hold comfortably in one hand for long reading sessions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and free 3G—Think of a book and be reading it in under 60 seconds.
- Massive selection— The Canada Kindle Store has over 2 million Kindle books and over 70,000 French-language titles.
- Kindle exclusives—Over 375,000 books are exclusive to the Canada Kindle Store.
- Low book prices—Over 900,000 titles are $4.99 or less and over 1.7 million are $9.99 or less.
- Carry over a thousand books—Never leave a favourite book behind.
- No setup required—Kindle arrives pre-registered so you can start reading immediately.
- Whispersync—Saves and synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks and annotations across all of your devices, so you can always pick up where you left off.
- Worry-Free Archive—Automatically backs up your Kindle books in the cloud, so you never need to worry about losing your books—re-download your books wirelessly anytime for free.
- X-Ray—Explore the “bones of a book”—see all of the passages across a book that mention relevant ideas, fictional characters, historical figures, places or topics of interest.
- Time to Read—Tells you how much time it will take to finish a chapter or a book based on your personalized reading speed. See screenshots: [http://amazon.ca/time-to-read].
- Facebook and Twitter—Share book recommendations, highlighted sections and meaningful quotes with friends.