The competition for best Mac browser is about to get more exciting. New entrant Maxthon (www.maxthon.com), has just entered the fray and is set to make an impact on with its speed, stability and feature set.
Maxthon is aa global software company that develops state-of-the-art web browsers, announced the launch today of its new Maxthon for Mac browser (Beta). This new version of Maxthon’s award-winning web browser marks an important step in Maxthon’s plan to provide users with a seamless browsing experience across multiple platforms and devices.
I have been testing Maxthon on Macs running Lion and more recently Mountain Lion and was quite amazed at the quickness and versatility Maxthon offered. During my tests, Maxthon went head to head with the latest versions of Google's Chrome OS as well as Apple's own Safari browser. I found Maxthon to be faster in rendering complex pages, specially those with a lot of Flash and various interactive elements. Overall, Maxthon is impressive and has none of the glitches or oddities often seen in Beta releases. I think it can make a good impression with users.
The launch of Maxthon for Mac offers Mac users the same high-performance experience currently enjoyed by more than 100 million Maxthon users around the world. Lightning fast speed, built-in features and HTML5 leadership distinguish the Maxthon browser for Windows, Android, Kindle Fire, Nook and BlackBerry, and now for Mac.
“Maxthon for Mac is the first iteration of several offerings for Apple, to be followed by Maxthon for iPhone, which will lead to cross-platform syncing for PC, Android and Apple,” said Jeff Chen, CEO of Maxthon, “With Maxthon for Mac, our users around the globe will no longer have to choose one competing brand of hardware or operating system over another.”
Maxthon for Mac (Beta) includes the following features:
- · The Best Out-of-the-box Video Viewing for Macs – Flash and other standards are pre-loaded
- · Cloud-based, Cross-platform Syncing – Syncs bookmarks
- · Reader Mode – Removes ads and presents multi-page articles in one window
- · Private Browsing Mode – Provides the ability at the tab level to browse the web without saving any browser history
- · Smart Address Bar – Combines the URL bar and search bar into one; presents search suggestions and safe sites
- · Global Languages – More than 40 languages
- · Magic Fill – Pre-fills usernames and passwords for favorite websites
- · Extensions Support
- · Privacy and Security Settings
- · Automatic Updates
Maxthon for Mac (Beta) can be downloaded for free here:
Download Maxthon 3 for Windows here:
Download Maxthon Mobile for Android phones here:
Download Maxthon Mobile for 10” Android tablets here: