You wouldn’t think it would happen to you but you can still be at risk of a break in. It is better to take precautions when it comes to your family’s safety. It isn’t even a complicated affair to keep your house secure. Home security system maker Skylink has a few suggestions on keeping you safe.
- Plant thorny plants in front of main floor windows.
- Make sure your house numbers are visible and illuminated at night.
- Do not discuss vacation plans on social media networks.
- If available, activate vacation lock function on your garage door opener.
- Think like a burglar and fix any potential weak points.
- Get an alarm system and place stickers of your alarm company on windows and doors to show that you have an active alarm system.
- Install a wireless home control system as well as motion detector lighting around your home.