« Apple hosting an event on October 16 in Cupertino campus | Main | Android L tipped to fix battery drain bug caused by Nexus 5 camera app »
Wednesday
Oct082014

Asus unveils new ROG G751 and Transformer Book T200

Asus is catering to both gamers and mobile workers with its two new products--the Republic of Gamers G751 and Transformer Book T200.

The ROG G751 comes equipped with up to Intel Core i7-4860HQ processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX970M/980M graphics, and Asus’ TurboMaster GPU-overclocking technology. It also has a matte, anti-glare Full HD IPS display with 178-degree viewing angles. If you want things in 4K/UHD, it supports that as well. Trinity Display technology lets you use up to four displays at once (including the laptop’s screen). Its looks retain the F-22 Raptor-inspired lines of other G series laptops and features dedicated keys for Steam access and one-click gameplay recording.

The Transformer Book T200 is a full-featured 64-bit Windows 8.1 laptop running on Intel Atom Bay Trail-T quad-core processor. This hybrid device has a detachable 11.6-inch IPS display so you use it as a laptop or tablet. It comes with 4GB RAM, dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, and integrated GPS receiver with GLONASS support. It promises an eight and a half hours of battery life and comes with a Smart Hard Drive Bay in the keyboard dock to add a 1TB hard disk drive to the device. You also get micro SD, micro USB, and micro HDMI on the tablet and USB 3.0 and 2.0 as well as LAN ports on the keyboard dock.

The ROG G751 and Transformer Book T200 are already available with prices that start at US$1499 and $499, respectively.

Reader Comments

There are no comments for this journal entry. To create a new comment, use the form below.

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.

My response is on my own website »
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>